Herts beds bucks dating Free credits live nude chat male
36) who assigned back to them Hackney manor and parts of Stepney including the quitrents, wastes, most demesne in Bethnal Green, some wood and trees, and specified rents in hand, as security for payment of debts owed to Glemham, Smyth and others. 37) The trustees for sale of forfeited lands conveyed the equity of redemption and all Cleveland's other rights to John Smyth and Joseph Drew in trust for Blackwell, William Smyth, and Gittings, for the payment of Cleveland's debts. 38) William Northey held courts and managed the manors on behalf of the interested parties. 39) In 1658 Oxenbridge and Potter assigned their interests to William Smyth and Gittings, (fn.
40) who with others were appointed as commissioners to sell the manors to pay Blackwell's debts, including that to the state. 43) and his executors or trustees had possession in 1665. 44) Cleveland regained his equity of redemption, and obtained two Private Acts in 16 for the sale of nearly all his lands in order to pay off his debts. 45) He was allowed seven years in which to redeem the mortgages.
75) and left ornaments and books from his study there to St. 84) and by 1384 wages were paid to keepers for the whole year; (fn. Bailiffs were prominent landowners: William Pecche in 1457–8, Thomas Raymond in 1458–9, John Norris in 1460–1, William Haydore in 1461–2, and William Chedworth in 1464–5. ) and one beyond the gate, and the long stable, and daubing and plastering were done to the hay grange. 91) A dovecot, great garden, and kitchen garden existed in 1383, when 3,000 reeds were bundled for thatching manorial buildings, the furnace or oven was mended, and a new window made for the steward's chamber. 92) In 1402 shinglers with scaffolding worked on the main hall, using shingles from the manor of Haringey; glass was bought for the chapel windows, and other work was done to the laundry, buttery, great door, and carriage house, besides daubing the walls of the lord's chambers. 97) led to the site being called Bonner Hall in the late 18th and the 19th century, which name has survived in later streets. 98) The house and manorial buildings with the office of keeper were included in leases of demesne to William Goddard for 30 years in 1538 and to Thomas Parsons alias Fairbrother for 80 years from 1568; the bishop reserved the right to reside for 3 months each year on giving Goddard 14 days' notice. 99) Goddard was reeve of the manors of Stepney and Hackney in 1539, (fn.
85) they managed the demesne and repaired the house. 100) and although he lived mainly in Shoreditch he had goods and animals at Bishopshall at his death in 1548. 101) His widow had sold the lease by 1550 to Sir Ralph Warren, (fn. The lease was later held by Thomas Wilson, brewer, and this or a sublease by 1582 by John Fuller, resident at his death in 1592 when his interest passed to his widow Jane, later wife of Sir Thomas Mansell. 103) In 1640 the earl of Cleveland claimed that the manor house was not unworthy of his rank.
Blackwell assigned the mortgage leases for this purpose, and the commissioners made several sales of land. 41) In 1660 the Smyths, Gittings, Blackwell, and Drew sold to William Hobson and others both the reversion and the equity of redemption of Stepney manor, excluding land recently sold, the rectory and advowsons of Stepney and Whitechapel, and the offices of steward and bailiff. The Exchequer was to assess the debts, and in 1663 ordered that purchasers who had redeemed the mortgage leases and reversions on parcels of the manors should also pay to Cleveland 21 years' value for land and 13 years' for houses held in possession for his equity of redemption. 46) In 1664 Cleveland and his son authorized two Chancery masters to settle with some of their creditors, including William Robinson, who would not relinquish the manor house (Bishops Hall estate) in Bethnal Green until he had been reimbursed for mortgages he held on land in Hackney. 47) The sale of Stepney and Hackney was hindered by new claimants to the manor, who had acquired Blackwell's debt to the state (now owed to the Crown), and in 1666 Cleveland obtained another Act to extend the time for the redemption of the mortgages by four years. 48) In 1658 Cleveland settled on Philadelphia wife of his son Thomas, Lord Wentworth, an annual income secured by a lease to trustees of lands including Stepney manor. 51) had joined with Cleveland and Philadelphia in making conveyances, perhaps as principal creditor or as Philadelphia's lawyer or as joint guardian with the latter of Henrietta Maria. 52) Philadelphia, having obtained a pension from the Crown in 1665, (fn.
Thomas died in 1665 leaving a daughter, Henrietta Maria. 49) On Cleveland's death in 1667 control of his estates passed to Philadelphia and the equity of redemption to Henrietta Maria, Baroness Wentworth. 53) redeemed some of the encumbrances on her jointure, presumably on Stepney manor, (fn.
They remained subject to such manorial incidents as quitrents, fines on change of ownership, and the lord's right to timber, until 1 January 1936. 72) The manor house of Stepney and Hackney was one of the residences of the bishops of London. of hay and grass were used for the bishop's horses when at Stepney, and although most of the demesne was farmed out between 13, meadow was retained to supply hay for the manor house. 78) Bishop Sudbury regularly stayed at Stepney between 13. 79) Thereafter, although officials' horses still received hay, it is not clear whether the bishop himself resided. 80) In 1408–9 the manor buildings were not let because they were reserved for his use, and hay was again provided, (fn. 89) An ambulatory between the lord's chamber and the clerks', the thatched stair to the solar, the chapel roof, and the gardener's house were repaired in 1336.
Bishop William dated a grant at Stepney in 1207, and Bishop Roger Niger died there in 1241. 73) After the death of Bishop Gravesend in 1303 his household at Stepney was kept on for a month, and 13 stablemen were employed for longer to look after 22 horses. 74) Bishop Baldock, Chancellor in 1307, sealed royal writs at Stepney (fn. 76) The bishops' itineraries between 13 show that they regularly paid several visits a year. 81) but in 1418 the bishop was dispensed from maintaining residences in Middlesex other than his palace in London and manor house at Fulham. 82) and a close near the house was partly occupied by the bishop's stock in 1439, but no hay was then supplied and the bishop's household apparently did not stay thereafter. 83) Wages for a janitor and keeper of the manor house were paid for 23 weeks in 1362–3, possibly when the bishop or his officials were absent, (fn. 87) A bailiff managed the farms by 1457 and his deputy accounted for the revenue of the manor. The site also included separate thatched granges for barley, wheat, and rye. 90) Repairs in 1363 involved large supplies of lime, sand, and gravel from within the manor; tiling was done on the kitchen, the bakery, the bishop's chamber, a chamber outside the 'Breshour'(? 93) In 1416 the great stable roof was mended and the windows of the great chamber were given new glass. 94) The manor house was called Bishopswood in 1465. 95) The woods nearby were Bishopshall woods in 1538, and the site was generally called Bishopshall (or Bishops Hall) in 1548 and thereafter; confusingly, that name was sometimes also applied to the manor. 96) The supposition in 1642 that the house had been inhabited by Edmund Bonner (bishop 1539––9) (fn.
In 1720 Sandys held the manor in trust for John Eyre, who had inherited the lands of his brother Henry Eyre in 1719 and sold the manor in 1720 to John Wicker the younger, and a mortgagee. 1837), who left it to his son Thomas Edward Colebrooke (d. Under a settlement of 1887 it passed to his son Sir Edward Arthur Colebrooke, (fn. 1939), who left only female heirs, whereupon the barony became extinct. 71) In 1926 the remaining copyholds were converted into freeholds under the Law of Property Act, 1922.William Northey was appointed to keep the courts on behalf of the committee, and by 1653 all the earl's estates had been let to his creditors, even though the interest on the debts greatly exceeded the revenues. 34) In 1651 Smyth and his partners mortgaged to Dr.Henry Glemham demesne in Hackney, the Dusthill in Limehouse, marshes in Poplar, and land in Bethnal Green near Shoreditch church in order to pay the balance owed for their purchase of the mortgage leases in 1643; presumably to help the partners sell land and so pay what they owed, Bayning's trustees conveyed to William Smyth's brother John the reversion of the manors bought from Cleveland in 1634. 35) In 1653 William Smyth, Clement Oxenbridge, Edward Gittings, and William Potter sold the mortgage leases to Richard Blackwell, (fn.In 1684 she assigned the estate to her daughter's trustees, reserving her own jointure, and her daughter settled Stepney manor on herself for life with remainder to her mother. 58) Henrietta Maria, mistress of James, duke of Monmouth, died unmarried in 1686. 59) Philadelphia retained Stepney manor, resisting claims to it by Cleveland's daughter Anne (d. 64) Sir George Colebrooke was bankrupted in 1773; a settlement was made in 1775 of the manor, which consisted of the lordship, quitrents, perquisites of court and royalties, and the remaining waste from Mile End Road to the parish church. 65) Further settlements were made in 17 under the bankruptcy commission. 66) In 1791 settlement of all Sir George's estates in tail male provided for sales from the manor of Stepney to pay debts. 67) A limited grant seems to have been made, as by 1795 the beneficial interest in the lordship belonged to Jonathan Eade for the lifetime of Sir George.1697), wife of John, Baron Lovelace, and heir to the Wentworth barony. 60) In 1695 Philadelphia sold the manor, still mortgaged and described as 4 messuages, 20 cottages, 200 a. 62) He or his son of the same name alienated the manor in 1754 to his brother-in-law George Colebrooke, (fn. The reversion belonged to Colebrooke's eldest son George, who with Eade enfranchised copyholds in 18. 68) George predeceased Sir George in 1809, having devised Stepney to those of his children who reached 21 years.